Your body’s metabolism determines your overall health. Having a good metabolism will help you lose weight and stay in a better state of health. When your metabolism is faster, your body digests the food easily and uses the energy from the food. This prevents the deposition of the fat in the body. The rate of metabolism is of utmost importance for those who want to lose weight. A slow metabolism adversely affects your weight loss efforts. If you can boost your metabolism, you’ll expend energy and burn the fat, even when you’re sleeping. This will help achieve faster weight loss. While exercise is the main method of increasing metabolism, the foods we eat can also affect metabolism. There are certain foods that increase metabolism and give you a lean and better looking body. Here is the list of some such food items that boost metabolism.
We all know that fruits are rich in vitamins and minerals and are important for maintaining a healthy body. There are many fruits that are readily available on the market that help boost your metabolism. Strawberries, oranges, peaches, watermelon, guava and grapes are excellent metabolism boosters. Add more of these fruits to your diet than the metabolism that food reduces if you want to reduce your weight.
• Select fruits with a lower carbohydrate content and less sugar for better results.
• Fruits such as strawberry and watermelon contain more water and fiber, making you feel full without increasing your body weight.
• Always choose organic fruit
2. Green tea
In addition to having the ability to increase metabolism, green tea also has other health benefits. It contains a substance called EGCG that helps to increase metabolism.
• You can use hot green tea or you can pour cool green tea over the ice and use it as an iced tea.
• Make sure you drink at least 2-3 cups of green tea every day to get your metabolism at a healthy level.
This is a type of melon that tastes delicious and is low in calories. This is an excellent food option to reduce weight by increasing metabolism. Most diet programs include this fruit in the diet plan.
• Cantaloupe contains fewer calories than the energy needed to eat it.
• You will reduce the calories when you eat a melon.
Spinach is rich in vitamin B complex and also has a high fiber content. This helps improve the digestion of food and improves metabolism. This food also aids in proper muscle growth. When the muscle mass of the body increases, the metabolism is also stimulated. More muscle mass means faster calorie burning.
• Add spinach to your daily diet if you want to stay slim and have good digestion.
• You can add them to salads, soups or make other spinach recipes.
Lemon helps boost metabolism by clearing out your digestive system. It also improves our body’s defense mechanism. The vitamin C in lemon has antioxidant properties that help cleanse our system.
• Drink a glass of warm water in the morning to which the juice of half a lemon has been added.
• You can also use lemon juice instead of carbonated drinks to take advantage of this fruit.
This is one of the best breakfast options for those who want to lose weight. Oatmeal is rich in fiber and the body needs more energy to break it down resulting in using up the excess calories stored in the body.
• Oatmeal lowers the cholesterol level in the body, which hinders a proper metabolism.
• Make sure you are not allergic to the gluten present in oatmeal before consuming it.
7. Lean Meat
Lean meat is helpful in improving metabolism as it promotes the growth of lean muscle in the body. Lean meats contain more protein than other meats. Lean muscles help to burn fat and make your body slim and attractive. If you want to increase metabolism, reduce carbohydrate intake and include more lean meats in your diet.
• Do not use fried meat
• You can opt for boiled, baked or steamed meat, which means you consume fewer calories.
• Use chicken breasts or turkey breasts in your diet if you want to lose weight.
Ginger has metabolism-boosting properties. While it is not possible to eat ginger pieces on their own, you should use them in other food preparations.
• You can add them to stir-fries
• You can use them in different Chinese cuisines
• Cooking boneless chicken with vegetables, herbs, celery, ginger and garlic will give you the best fat-burning meal.
This is one vegetable that you cannot avoid if you are looking for vegetables that boost metabolism. Cucumber is high in water, vitamins, nutrients and fiber. This vegetable keeps your body hydrated and makes you feel full. They contain very few calories.
• You can use cucumber slices or sticks as a snack.
• You can add them to your salads
• You can also use them in your sandwiches and wraps
This is a crunchy one; low-calorie vegetables are a good source of vitamin C, calcium and potassium. It is considered a miracle food for weight loss. The calories needed to chew the celery are equal to the energy you get from eating the celery.
• Make sure to use non-greasy spreads and celery garnishes
• You can add them to your soups and salads
• Do not use with peanut butter if you are trying to lose weight
Almonds contain certain essential fatty acids that help speed up metabolism. If you want to take advantage of almonds, eat a handful of almonds every day.
• You can have almonds as a snack between breakfast and lunch.
• You can use them to garnish a main or side dish
• You can try using walnuts or cashews if you are bored of using almonds to get the same benefit.
The nutrients in beans have a good effect on our fat burning ability. They are rich in protein and fiber and cause faster fat burning when consumed.
• Add baked or boiled beans to your daily diet to boost metabolism.
• The beans are a delicious side dish for lunch and dinner.
• You can add them to soups.
Asparagus is known as the negative calorie food. It takes more energy to chew and digest it than the calories it contains. The calorie value of this vegetable is very low and therefore a real metabolism booster. It has a unique and delicious taste.
• You can cook asparagus together with lean meat to enhance the metabolism-stimulating effect.
• Opting for organically produced asparagus is better
14. Coconut Oil
There are many health benefits of using coconut oil; one is the coconut oil’s ability to accelerate fat burning. But when used alone, the boost provided will be less. When used in combination with other foods that boost metabolism, it is more effective.
• Use 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil for your daily cooking
• You can use the coconut oil to flavor the dish
It is better to use black coffee if you want to increase the metabolism. Caffeine, the substance present in coffee, improves blood circulation when taken in small amounts.
• Use coffee without sugar and cream to better stimulate the metabolism.
• Do not consume more than 3 cups of coffee per day
16. Cruciferous Vegetables
Cruciferous vegetables contain B vitamins that have a healthy effect on the metabolism. They are low in calories and help cleanse the digestive system.
• Include more cruciferous vegetables such as cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts in the diet
• You can mix them into other recipes and make them taste better
There are many herbs that help to recharge the metabolism. The spices give flavor to the dish and also improve the nutritional value.
• Spices such as black pepper, mustard, cayenne pepper, cardamom and cinnamon act as metabolism boosters.
• You can add them to various food preparations to increase their intake.
This is one of the most important foods that keep all your organs healthy and functioning. When the body does not have enough water, the metabolism slows down. That is why it is imperative that you keep your body well hydrated.
• Drink at least 8-10 glasses of pure water to increase the metabolism.
Are you overweight or obese? Are you looking for foods to boost your metabolism to achieve weight loss and good health? You can try eating the different foods mentioned above. Add 3-4 of these foods to your regular diet to boost your metabolism. You can’t revive your metabolism overnight. Give your body time to adjust to the new foods you’ve included in the diet to show results. You can use the metabolic calculators online to calculate your metabolic rate before starting the diet and after you have been on the metabolism-boosting diet for at least one month to ensure that your metabolic rate has increased.