Kiwi is a rare fruit with numerous health benefits. Kiwi or Chinese gooseberry is a native fruit of China. In China, people use Kiwi for various nutritional and medicinal uses. However, the fruit became popular in New Zealand and the people of this country started growing the fruit in large quantities. It is also said that the fruit got its name Kiwi from the land of New Zealand.
Benefits Of Kiwi For Skin:
- Kiwi is a delicious fruit that contains several rare nutrients. It is a rich source of antioxidants, vitamins C and E. These nutrients are essential for healthy and glowing skin.
- Kiwi contains antioxidants and dietary fiber. The fruit acts as a natural laxative that helps the body get rid of all wastes and toxins. This in turn makes the skin brighter and more beautiful.
- Kiwis are high in vitamin E, which helps to keep the skin soft and moist. Vitamin also aids in cell regeneration, which in turn makes skin youthful and flexible.
- The fruit is a rich source of vitamin C that aids in collagen formation. Collagen repairs the skin and helps it recover from cuts and wounds. It also makes the skin soft, supple and moist.
- Kiwi contains omega-3 fatty acids that protect the skin against a wide variety of ailments. It also protects the cell membranes of the skin.
- A mixture of kiwi pulp and lemon juice can act as a nourishing face mask. Apply this mixture and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes. This treatment is excellent for reducing sebum production.
- For glowing skin, make a mix of avocado (1/2), kiwi and honey (1 teaspoon). Mix these ingredients and apply the mixture on your skin. After 10 to 15 minutes, rinse with cold water.
- The antioxidants in kiwi kill free radicals and reduce the intensity of signs of aging such as dark spots, wrinkles and fine lines.
- Kiwi is a rich source of anti-inflammatory agents and AHAs. This prevents the skin from developing acne, boils, pimples, pimples and abscess.
- Kiwis contain amino acids that protect the skin from sun damage.
- The vitamins and nutrients in kiwi help the skin renew its cells. Therefore, eating kiwi can make your skin moist and youthful.
- Make a pulp from a ripe kiwi and add some yogurt to it. Mix it well and rub it gently on your face. Wash your face after 15 minutes. This allows the nutrients to penetrate your skin and nourish it from within.
- Kiwis contain vitamin C that helps lighten your skin tone. You can make a natural scrub by mixing kiwi pulp, lemon juice, oatmeal and kiwi seed oil. This scrub can help your skin to get an even complexion.
- Kiwi fruit peels can be used as a natural exfoliating agent. You can exfoliate your face with kiwi peel to get flawless skin.
Benefits Of Kiwi For Hair:
- Kiwis are rich in minerals such as zinc, magnesium and phosphorus that improve hair growth and blood circulation. It also contains vitamins C and E, which help in reducing hair loss.
- The vitamin C in the fruit aids in the formation of collagen. This allows the scalp to absorb more nutrients.
- Kiwi seed oil contains omega-3 fatty acids that prevent the hair from losing its moisture.
- Kiwis are rich in copper. This helps the hair maintain its natural color. It also protects hair from premature graying.
- Kiwis are rich in iron which helps nourish the hair. It promotes good blood circulation in the scalp and thus strengthens the hair from the roots.
- Eating kiwi can help you strengthen the hair and also the skin on your scalp. This, in turn, prevents the occurrence of dandruff and eczema. It also protects the scalp from inflammation.
Health Benefits Of Kiwi:
- Fights Against Free Radicals: Kiwi contains vitamin C that fights the free radicals and protects our body and skin against various diseases. Free radicals increase the risk of cancer and also cause signs of aging. Vitamin C neutralizes these free radicals and makes them useless.
- Collagen Production: Vitamin C ensures more collage formation. This makes the skin more elastic. Elasticity keeps the skin taut and intact. This prevents the kiwi from sagging skin.
- Pre-biotic properties: Kiwi acts as a prebiotic that nourishes the body and promotes easy digestion.
- Weight Management: Kiwi is high in dietary fiber that promotes fullness. Kiwi is also a low calorie fruit which is why it is best for people following a weight loss regimen.
- Prevents Asthma: Kiwis can reduce the risk of asthma.
- Prenatal nutrition: Kiwis are good for pregnant women. The fruit contains certain ingredients that help transfer the nutrients and vitamins from the mother to the child. This makes the baby healthy and well fed.
- Regulates Diabetes: Kiwis have a low glycemic index. Therefore, it is beneficial for diabetics. Kiwi supplements are also recommended in this case.
- Reduces eye disorders: Kiwis are helpful in reducing eye conditions caused by muscle degeneration.
- Antioxidants: Kiwis are high in antioxidants that help our body rebuild cells.
- Fiber Boost: Kiwis contain a lot of dietary fiber. This helps cleanse our system by aiding digestion.
If you can’t find kiwis, you can opt for kiwi supplements. Kiwi supplements are available in capsule form. When kiwis are heated and processed, some of their nutrients are lost. However, the supplements contain 80% of the actual ingredients and are therefore effective.
Facts about Kiwi
Kiwis are harvested in the months of August to November. Kiwi is not a big fruit. He weighs about 4 ounces. The fleshy part is creamy and has an invigorating taste.
When buying kiwis, check that they are ripe enough. The outer part should be rough, but it should yield to a light pressure. Avoid the fruit with spots or cuts.
If you buy raw kiwis, you can store them together with bananas to allow them to ripen quickly. Kiwis stay fresh at room temperature for about 4 to 5 days. However, if they are fully ripe, they will not last as long. Ripe fruits should be kept in the refrigerator. If you want the fruits to last 5 to 6 months, wrap them in plastic bags that are perforated for ventilation. You can also get frozen kiwi, if you store it with ascorbic acid and sugar syrup. To make frozen kiwis, you need to remove the skins and store them in the freezer. Frozen kiwi will stay fresh for 7 to 8 months.
You should eat the kiwis after washing and peeling them well. However, the skin is considered an edible part that contains a lot of fiber and nutrients. The inner fleshy part is quite smooth and can be scooped out with a spoon. Alternatively, you can cut the fruit into chunks before serving. Once you peel the fruit, it should be taken without much delay. If you leave the fruit too long, it will become quite soft and watery. For this reason, when adding kiwi to salads, add it just before serving.
Use of Kiwi:
Kiwis do not look attractive and have a rough and furry exterior. Inside the fruit, however, lies the emerald green flesh that tastes somewhat like pineapple or strawberry. The fruit is quite tasty. Below are some ideas on different ways to serve this amazing fruit.
- Kiwis look very attractive with its emerald green flesh and small black seeds. Therefore, it would look very decorative if used alongside salads.
- You can add kiwis while preparing cereals, oatmeal, couscous and brown rice.
- To add a little sweetness, you can mix some kiwi pieces with chicken or turkey specialty cuisines. Kiwi can also be used as an addition to savory dishes.
- Kiwi is often used in preparations such as cheesecake, cake, jam, muffins, juice, jelly and syrup.
- You can add well-cut pieces of kiwi to, for example, yogurt, ice cream and custard.
- Kiwi can be used with melon to prepare chilled soup.
- Acitinidin is a compound found in kiwi that can help tenderize certain meat products. For example, you can marinate chicken pieces in kiwi juice for about 20 minutes to make them softer.
- Kiwis are used in New Zealand to make a delicious dessert known as Pavloa.
- You can use kiwis to make smoothies along with strawberries and yogurt.
- Add some sliced kiwis alongside grilled chicken, mixed vegetables, vinegar, olive oil and fat-free feta to make a delicious salad.
- Kiwis can be used as an addition to salsa sauce and chutneys which are often used as an accompaniment to fried fish.
Are you worried about your dry and sagging skin? Are you looking for a permanent cure for your hair loss? If you’re here to find a healthy solution to all your health and cosmetic problems, start with a fresh serving of kiwifruit. Kiwi is a rich source of vitamin C and a wide variety of rare nutrients that can make your skin healthy and glowing. Kiwis also have numerous health benefits, including its role in strengthening hair and preventing hair loss.