Diuretic foods are one of the best solutions for dealing with hypertension and water retention. People on a weight-loss regimen often use diuretic foods to get rid of unwanted fluids and lower their body weight. Some people take diuretic pills to do their job. However, instead of resorting to unwanted medication, it is safer to start a diet that includes some special fruits and vegetables that are natural diuretics. Below are some of the most effective natural diuretic foods that can help lower high blood pressure and reduce excess water weight.
Lemon has countless health benefits and is used for healing a wide variety of ailments.
• Lemon juice can help lower high blood pressure
• Lemon juice also helps cure urinary tract infections.
• Lemon juice can be taken with water or mixed with your food.
• Oats have always been a great food for people on a weight loss regimen. However, most of us are not aware of the diuretic properties of oats.
• Another popular benefit of eating oats is its ability to lower blood cholesterol.
Celery is a nutritious food that contains a lot of water. It helps in hydrating your entire system. If you don’t like the taste of celery, you can mix it with a smoothie health drink made from fruits and vegetables.
4. Brussels sprouts
• Brussels sprouts are an excellent source of antioxidants that help the body fight a wide variety of ailments.
• Brussels is one of the best low-calorie foods that can help you lose weight. If you can’t stand the taste, try cooking it with other foods.
• Ginger has several health benefits, but you can’t take it as it is. Therefore, you can mix it with your favorite cuisine as an alternative form of seasoning.
• Ginger can also be added to tea or water.
• Ginger helps to detoxify your body
• It also acts as an effective diuretic and helps flush out any excess fluids.
• Beet is a nutritious vegetable that acts as a diuretic
• Beets contain a rare antioxidant known as betalain.
• The best beets are the fresh ones that can be boiled, grilled or steamed. Always opt for fresh beets instead of pickled beets.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is packed with essential ingredients that have several health benefits.
• It helps to enhance urinary functions by acting as a strong diuretic that cleanses the urinary tract
• It also helps improve the digestive process.
• Although apple cider vinegar is used for cooking, it is best taken with water if you are looking for a diuretic. Keep in mind that you only need to take it in small amounts.
Cabbage is a very beneficial vegetable that acts as a diuretic.
• Researchers have proven it to be effective in preventing cancerous tumors
• It also prevents the occurrence of heart disease.
• You can make it into a soup or let it boil well before eating it.
• Keep in mind that when using cabbage as a diuretic, do not add too much salt.
9. Cranberry juice
Cranberry juice is an excellent diuretic food that helps cure urinary tract infections.
• Cranberry juice contains antioxidants that destroy free radicals.
• It helps maintain good potassium levels.
• When making cranberry juice, select only organic cranberries. Organic cranberries are free of chemicals and inorganic preservatives. Avoid processed berries or processed cranberry juice.
• Eggplant is a diuretic food that helps to reduce excess fluid retained in your body.
• Some people use it as a weight loss tool. They cook the eggplant along with water and then consume the water that contains the essence of eggplant.
Parsley has countless health benefits that can help improve your overall health.
• Parsley is an excellent diuretic
• It contains a wide range of antioxidants
• You can use parsley as an addition to your foods and kitchens. The herb has a refreshing effect when mixed with other foods. You can also boil water with parsley.
12. Caffeinated Drinks
Caffeinated drinks such as tea and coffee act as a good diuretic. However, these items contain caffeine which is harmful to your body. This makes it a poor choice when it comes to natural diuretic foods.
Water helps flush out any retained fluids in your body.
• With a low water intake, your body tries to retain the water by retaining it in its cells. This causes water retention and swelling. If you give your body enough water, it will automatically stop the habit of retaining its fluids.
• You can add lemon or ginger to your water to enhance the diuretic effect.
Tomatoes act as a diuretic when taken in their raw form.
• You can make a salad from tomatoes or make a drink from it by mixing the juice with that of more delicious products such as watermelon or carrot.
• Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, an antioxidant that helps prevent cancer and heart disease.
• Cucumber is a highly hydrating vegetable that contains a lot of water.
• Cucumber helps to detoxify our system.
• It improves the functioning of the urinary system
• It helps the body fight diabetes
• It helps with better weight management
• Cucumber is rich in antioxidants and thus helps to prevent cancer.
• It contains many minerals that make us more energetic.
• Watermelon is a very beneficial fruit that contains a lot of moisture. It acts as a diuretic and helps the body get rid of excess fluids and salt.
• It is rich in antioxidants.
• Keep in mind that watermelon is quite sweet and too much of it can raise your blood sugar.
• Carrots are very beneficial for your eyes. They have several health benefits and also act as a diuretic.
• There are different types of carrots on the market. Carrots are best eaten raw. They are often used for making salads. Ordinary carrots are mostly used for cooking purposes.
• Carrots do not lose their nutrients when they are cooked. So you don’t have to worry about eating them raw.
• Garlic is an excellent detoxifying agent and they also act as an effective diuretic.
• Garlic comes in pill form; however, if you need to use it as a diuretic, it is better to eat real garlic rather than take the supplements.
• If you can’t eat raw garlic, you can use it as an additive during cooking.
• Artichokes are an excellent form of diuretic that helps reduce weight.
• They also act as a digestive aid.
• They are packed with minerals and vitamins. Taking artichokes can help you deal with several deficiencies.
• Asparagus is a highly nutritious food that also acts as a natural diuretic.
• When ingesting asparagus, the compounds react with urine and cause a typical odor. This is very natural and can’t hurt.
• Asparagus is rich in antioxidants and regular consumption of this vegetable can provide several benefits.